Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Acorns to Oaks

If I don't start somewhere perhaps I will never begin, so let's begin.

I am currently in one of the most dynamic seasons (mentally and spiritually) I have experienced thus far in my 28 years, or at least I am more acutely aware of the change, transition and growth this time around (in the past these things have maybe snuck in without my notice).

Moving to Washington three months ago (today exactly) somehow managed to propel me in the direction of goals I've held in the back of my mind for ages and never quite managed to realize.

As it turns out choosing to believe the things God says are true about me [my original design ] gets every wheel in my brain activated and turning like mad! Creativity, discipline, inspiration, determination, direction….all things I have tried to drum up on my own strength at different points in my life.

It seems that it is more effective to put my focus on rejecting fear, breaking up with compromise, making a little extra room in my day to just think and pray than it is to try and "get" things I feel I need. When I made a little room…fullness found me!

One of the wheels that has started turning is my LOVE of encouragement (if you read the previous post LOVEfeed you'll see how that has started to grow). After hosting a Facebook event (which was all about giving people reasons why I appreciate them and honoring them publicly) at the beginning of this month I was SO blessed, SO inspired and SO excited to see how many other people took up the challenge and started to give meaningful encouragement to each other.

I have never had so much fun on Facebook! All weekend I couldn't wait to get a moment with my phone to update my status and call someone out for why they were wonderful to me. If you've missed the first round don't worry, you can practice any time; I will certainly be hosting another event in the future!

Another part of who I am (and have always been) is a writer. I am just not consistent about making time for this very often. That, I believe, will be another area that can see change in this coming season.

Spring begins this week and in Washington that means there are ALREADY flowers and trees bursting to life with blossoms! (I just started making plans with a friend to attend the local Tulip Festival!) My hope is that the ideas and concepts I've been germinating in my head-heart over the past few months will bloom here in prose.

Revelation is beautiful, revelation shared is better.

Some of the topics I want to write about include:
What are the many appetites of our souls and how they drive us?
What does my Christianity looks like if I am more focused on building an inheritance than receiving one?
What does it mean to be "sent out" by the Lord of the harvest (Matthew 9) to my own sphere of society?
What does it mean to receive the fruits of the Spirit instead of trying to grow them myself?

…..just a glimpse into my rapidly growing list of gritty topics.

If you're a Follower (or become one) and there is another topic you're chewing on that would make for good soul food please leave a comment or send an email and I'll tackle it!

Here's to Being who we are today instead of waiting to Become.


No comments: